Monday, October 11, 2010

Herbed "Noodles"

Well I've been on spaghetti squash overload and had 1/2 left to cook up.  I decided to just steam and bake this dish without spaghetti sauce and in place of that just use butter and herbs.  So here it is:

1/2 Spaghetti Squash
1/2 stick real butter
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
Season with Kosher Salt and Cracked Pepper Grind

Steam squash until tender in microwave for about 12 minutes.  Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Remove squash from microwave (hot,hot, hot) and scrape out all of the strands, add butter, and herbs.  Toss around until butter is even distributed and melted.   Bake for 25 minutes in an 8x8 Pyrex @ 350 degrees and serve.  I have found I prefer to steam and then bake the spaghetti squash when I use it in place of pasta noodles.  This gives almost the exact same texture of pasta because the noodles become more flimsy with each process.  Before when I just microwaved the squash, it had a more crunchy texture.  So if you want the "noodles" extra soft (but not mushy) I recommend this approach.


Makes a great side dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment