Sunday, October 3, 2010

Primal "Sketti"!

I've made this dish before but I do want to give credit to MDA reader and video submission entrant "Kelly" for reminding me to make this again (and to crave it big time until I could get my hands on some spaghetti squash).
This was our dinner last night and my leftover lunch today.  Plus there's enough for my husband to take some in his lunch tomorrow.  Totally fun, delicious, inexpensive, and quick to prepare.  And what a great substitute for starchy, carby, spaghetti pasta noodles.


1 Spaghetti Squash halved, steamed, and seeded (or double your batch by using the whole squash and make a huge pot)
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce (storebought or homemade)
1 Lb. browned ground beef or cooked cubed chicken (in fact any meat you like, ground turkey would work too!)  We actually went the chicken route on the photos ahead:

Can you tell I love it?!  As long as I can make the favorite dishes I used to, I never feel deprived.  In fact I feel better because I am eating so many delicious vegetables now.  Makes you feel lighter and digestion is better too because the veggies are full of fiber and nutrients and not fortified or enriched.  Mother Nature already took care of all that for us with plant material :)

No comments:

Post a Comment