Monday, October 4, 2010

Primal Cocoa!

Oh there was a slight chill in the air today.  I love, love, love it!  My special indulgence?  Hot Cocoa!  This is very rich cocoa and not sweetened much but that makes it more primal and that's what I'm here for.

What you will need:

Almond Milk (I picked Vanilla which has some evaporated cane juice in it (15g per 8 oz.), I know I know...you can pick plain if you want to)
Unsweetened Cocoa
Heavy Cream

You will need your blender or Magic Bullet.
Pour 1 cup of Almond Milk in there.
1 Tbs Cocoa Powder
Eyeball about 4 tbs Heavy Cream

Mix up very well.  The worst thing is to get a clump of bitter cocoa as you are drinking it.  Pour into a mug and microwave about 1 minute or use stovetop.  While waiting for that to heat, whip until stiff 1/4 c of whipping cream with 1 tsp. honey.  Put a scoop of cream on top of your cocoa and prepare to go "mmm mmm mmm"!  You could add cinnamon to the top too:)



ETA: If you don't have almond milk available, you can simply use water in place of the almond milk and use honey to sweeten.  I ran out of almond milk myself and I've been trying this alternate way and it's just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment